DIY solar panel workshops
Build your own low-cost panel & take it home
September weekend day workshops
With the sun beating down, now’s the time to put it to work! Learn how to fabricate low-cost solar PV panels from re-used materials able to power lighting, phones, laptops & more.
Great value for money – and all profits reinvested into our social objectives.
Demand Energy Equality is a non-profit dedicated to increasing energy literacy, reducing energy demand and working with others to ensure equality of energy access.
You will learn all you need to know to build a small or large solar panel for a fraction of the cost of buying one:
- The electrical basics: current, voltage, resistance, power, series and parallel circuits.
- How to build DIY solar PV panels.
- How to test and understand your panel.
- Information about the energy dilemma in the UK and possible
- No prior knowledge required
- Take your panel home at the end of the day
- All materials provided
- Small groups hosted in our Lewisham workshop
- 5 min walk from Lewisham Station
- 95% of public workshop attendees rated our course as‘excellent’ or ‘very good’
All courses run from 9.30am – 5.00pm
To book your place – click here.
Cost: £100 whole course, including taking home the solar panel you build on the day.
Booking is essential as some of our courses will be fully booked weeks in advance.
More dates available in October.